Here are some scripts that people have contributed so far. Feel free to edit this page to add in more.
- PRAWtools by BBoe
- A collection of tools that utilize PRAW. Two current tools are
modutilsa program useful to subreddit moderators, and
subreddit_stats, a tool to compute submission / comment statistics for a subreddit.
- prawoauth2 by Avinash Sajjanshetty
prawoauth2is a helper library for PRAW which makes writing Reddit bots/apps using OAuth2 super easy, simple and fun.
- AutoModerator by Deimos
- A bot for automating straightforward reddit moderation tasks and improving upon the existing spam-filter.
- A website that displays reddit stories under the guise of Python or Java code.
- reddit Notifier for Gnome3
- Integrates with Unity and Gnome Shell to display new reddit mail as it arrives.
- Link Unscripter
- Examines a redditor’s posting history and creates a comment with a nice
activity overview. ClockStalker uses an older
version of PRAW, the
- Butcher bot by u/xiphirx
- Handles routine tasks on r/Diablo such as the removal of images/memes and bandwagon-esque titles.
- r/diablo flair infographic generator by u/xiphirx
- Creates beautiful infographics.
- Groompbot by u/AndrewNeo
- Posts new videos from YouTube to a subreddit.
- newsfrbot by u/keepthepace
- Parses RSS feeds from some major french publications and posts them to relevant subreddits.
- A relatively lightweight script for automating reddit moderating tasks. It was written as a simpler alternative to AutoModerator by Deimos.
- A bot that automatically manages giveaway. One feature gives out product keys to the first N commenters.
- A simple challenge-queue submission bot for r/DailyProgrammer. Users submit challenges through a Google Documents form, then the bot crawls said form, posting the appropriate challenge on the appropriate day of the week.
- VideoLinkBot by u/shaggorama
- A bot that aggregates video links in a response comment where multiple
videos links appear in reply to a submission (uses a slightly out-of-date
version of PRAW, currently requires
- reddit-analysis by u/rhiever
- Scrapes a specific subreddit or user and prints out all of the commonly-used words in the past month. Contains a data file containing a list of words that should be considered common.
- AlienFeed by u/Jawerty
- AlienFeed is a command line application made for displaying and interacting with reddit submissions. The client can return a list containing the top submissions in a subreddit, and even open the links up if you’d like.
- ALTcointip by u/im14
- ALTcointip bot allows redditors to gift (tip) various cryptocoins (Litecoin, PPCoin, Namecoin, etc) to each other as a way of saying thanks.
- RedditAgain by Karan Goel
- Migrate an old reddit account to a new one. Backs up existing content and submissions, and copies subscriptions to a new account.
- reddit-cloud by Paul Nechifor
- Generates word clouds for submissions (or users), posts them to Imgur and the URL to reddit. It’s what I run on u/WordCloudBot2.
- Reddit-to-Diigo-Copier by Doug
- Copies your reddit saved links to a Diigo account of your choice. Makes use of PRAW and the Diigo API.
- NetflixBot by Alan Wright
- Parses comments for calls and determines if a movie is availble for streaming on Netflix. Makes use of PRAW and the NetflixRouletteAPI. Run on u/NetflixBot.
- RemindMeBot by Joey
- Called upon with the
RemindMeBot!command on any subreddit, the user is able to set a reminder for themselves about the current thread or comment. The bot will then send them a private message with the date they specified. u/RemindMeBot.
- RedditRover by DarkMio
- A plugin based Reddit Multi Bot Framework intended for new and advanced programmers to host a wide variety of Reddit bots without mangling with all the ins and outs of Reddit, PRAW and API limitations.
- Reddit Keyword Tracking Bot by Jermell Beane
- <requires Kivy> A bot that will watch any subreddits and email you with updates when it finds words that matter to you. settings are configured via a GUI making it easy for people who don’t know how to edit python scripts.
- Reddit-Paper by Cameron Gagnon.
- Command line interface program that will download the top 5 images from r/earthporn, r/spaceporn, etc. and set them as the computer’s wallpaper. Currently only tested and used on Ubuntu, but more OS’s coming soon.
- QR Codify by JstnPwll
- Fetches username mentions and converts the comment data into a QR code. The code is then posted via ASCII characters as a followup comment.
- EVE Killmail Reddit Bot by ArnoldM904
- Searches for comments in /r/eve that contain zkillboard killmail links. Then replies to comments with web-scraped TL;DR of the information.
- ButtsBot by Judson Dunaway-Barlow
- A silly bot that posts a picture of a (clothed) butt from the Astros team whenever somebody in the /r/Astros subreddit uses any of a few certain keywords in a comment.
- GoodReads Bot by Avinash Sajjanshetty
- A bot which powers /u/goodreadsbot on Reddit, posts information of a book whenever someone posts a link to Goodreads.
- Self-Destruct Bot by diceroll123
- Removes posts after a specified amount of time. (For time-sensitive posts.)
- Subtitle Bot by arrayofchar
- Finds youtube links and see if closed captioning (aka subtitle) is available. Formats subtitle into paragraphs based on standard deviation of timestamp gaps. If subtitle is longer than Reddit comment limit, puts it in Pastebin.
- Reddit Countdown by matchu
- Implements a countdown in a subreddit’s sidebar to help Reddit communities count down to important events.
- <Your Script Here>
- Edit this page on github to add your script to this list.